OFFICIAL FAN CLUB
Hell and High Water
A study in dichotomy on the subject of seriously injured children. Molly Phillips is a little girl who is truck by a car. She recovers quickly, even as her divorced parents arrive at the hospital and immediately begin bickering. Meanwhile, Ben is a young boy fighting for survival after being trapped in a flooding culvert.
Chase, as Molly's mother, plays her most heart rending role to date - that of a mother who loses her child. It is emotionally painful to watch, a testament to Chase's skill as an actress.
Review by David Goudsward.
Original broadcast: 09 Nov 1995
ER is being rebroadcast on Turner Network Television
This episode was nominated for the following Emmy awards:
- OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A DRAMA SERIES
- OUTSTANDING SOUND MIXING FOR A DRAMA SERIES
- OUTSTANDING SINGLE CAMERA EDITING FOR A SERIES
- OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR FOR A DRAMA SERIES (George Clooney)
- OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A DRAMA SERIES
- OUTSTANDING CINEMATOGRAPHY FOR A SERIES
[Back to bio page] [Back to main page]